Whenyou own your home, things are going to break and, unless you want to spend yourmoney on visits from a neighborhood handyman, you’re going to need to fix themyourself. Luckily, you don’t need an arsenal of tools to handle most homemaintenance fixes. These five tools will cover most of your basic projects.
1. Acordless drill is a must-have for installing cabinets, drawer pulls, hinges, pictureframes, shelves and hooks, and more. Whether it’s for do-it-yourself projectsor repairs, you’ll use your cordless drill just about every month.
2. Showerand bathroom sink drains are susceptible to clogs because of the daily buildupof hair and whisker clippings. You can use chemical clog removers like Drano, butthey’re expensive and the lingering chemical scent is unpleasant. Instead, buysome plastic drain cleaners that can reach into the drain to pull out the clogof hair and gunk. You can purchase them on Amazon or at a local hardware storefor a low price.
3. Nomatter how careful you are, spills and accidents will happen and there are sometasks that just can’t be handled with paper towels or a standard vacuum, likepet messes or broken glass.
4. Eventhe minimum amount of care for your landscaping will require some loppers toremove damaged branches, vines, thick weeds, and any other unruly plants in youryard.
5. You’regoing to want something a little more powerful than your iPhone flashlight whenyou’re in the crawlspace!